My goals for 2011.
As usual, these aren’t in any particular order.
- Celebrate my birthday. Making this a goal worked last year, and I can already feel that I’ll need a similar shove to make it happen this year too.
- Finish The Annotated Fantasy Bedtime Hour. Yes, I’m still determined to actually do this. A whole year to do about 15 hours of work, how hard can it be?
- Run the second “season” of my roleplaying campaign. The first one is very nearly done, and I really hope I can get the players to come back for a likely very different second run.
- Finish and publish PyWordCount. It’s almost entirely done, just needs some documentation, installation instructions, and so on. I need to do that work and get it “published”.
- One major creative project. This is somewhat vague, but I mean one of the following, unless I come up with another creative project of similar scale: the third draft of my science fiction novel, the first draft of my fantasy novel, or at least one story arc of the science fiction “series” I started thinking about late last year.
- Make top 50% at this year’s CrossFit Sectionals. Rumored changes to the format (that it won’t be one big event) make me less enthusiastic about this, but I’ll still try for it. This might be my most ambitious goal in that it’s probably furthest from my current ability.
- Miscellaneous fitness goals again: 400-pound deadlift; 20 strict pullups; 30 kipping pullups (depends on shoulder rehab, basically); 5K in 23:00; “Murph” in under 50:00 (probably depends on shoulder rehab too); 48" box jump; “Helen” in under 12:00 (with strict pullups).
- This is just as amorphous as last year, but is equally if not more important: do something about building a sense of community for myself. I need to find practical steps to take for this, clearly, but even in their absence it should go on this list.