The death of my old MacBook Pro this evening has caused the loss (hopefully only temporary) of the blog post I was working on today (on androids in Alien and Prometheus), which I will try to recover and finish next week.
In the meantime, here are some interesting things I encountered on the internet this week.
- “Happyism”: Deirdre N. McCloskey on “the creepy new economics of pleasure”.
- An Interview with Slavoj Žižek.
- The 20 best designs in sci-fi movies.
- An outrageous (due to the contrasts made clear in the article) case I missed last year: “In Prison for Taking a Liar Loan”.
- Apparently even logically infallible innocence is sometimes a technicality that doesn’t help you actually get out of prison.